اتَّبِعُواْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكُم مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَلاَ تَتَّبِعُواْ مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاء
قَلِيلاً مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ Follow what has been sent down unto you from your Lord, and follow not any protectors, besides Him. Little do you remember!
وَالسَّابِقُونَ الأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالأَنصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُم بِإِحْسَانٍ رَّضِيَ اللّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُواْ عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ذَلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ And the first to embrace Islaam of the Muhaajiroon and the Ansaar and also those who followed them exactly, Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success.
Welcome to our website where we wish to accurately present referenced statements of the Salafee scholars, following the Qur’aan and Sunnah and the way of the Companions.
N.B.: ittibaa.com has been down for a while due to technical problems. However it is now up and running again, and I will inshaaAllaah gradually repost all the audios and articles available previously (trying to focus on Ramadaan initially).
If you do require anything urgently then please look at one of the archived copies of the website available here.
Al-Fusool fee Seerat-ir-Rasool (sallAllaahu’alaihiwasallam) – by al-Imaam, al-Haafiz, Ismaa’eel ibn ‘Umar ibn Katheer al-Qurashee [701 – 774H]
These audio lessons are a translation of the above book by the famous scholar Ibn Katheer, along with side points discussing the authenticity of the narrations mentioned, as well as other beneficial narrations. An extremely valuable resource given the lack of authentic material on the subject of the life of our beloved Prophet (sallAllaahu’alaihiwasallam).
Translated by Abu Talhah Dawud ibn Ronald Burbank.
All lectures have been uploaded with the permission of the translator.
(Audios presented by Abu Talha himself, rahimahullaah. Originally uploaded in 2016)
The distinctive Characteristics of the book ‘Al-Fusool’:
1) The book is divided into two parts: The First Part: The Seerah of the Messengerand his military expeditions. The Second Part: The Signs of his Prophethood, his characteristics, and the things particular to him.
2) This book is not an abridgement of, or an extraction from ‘al-Bidaayah wan- Nihaayah’, but rather it is an independent book that stands on its own merit. The author compiled it from the works of the fine scholars who preceded him.
3) Despite its small size it is replete with information; it is comprehensive and beneficial.
4) It is simple in its style.
5) It narrates events and occurrences in sequence.
6) Ibn Katheer took benefit from the previous works, but he avoided reports with weak chains of narration. He sometimes mentions them, however, and then draws attention to them, or he criticizes them. (Taken from the Introduction to the book)
Lesson 1 – Introduction to the Seerah; The Prophet’s Lineage (sallAllaahu’alaihiwasallam)
Q: Salaat-ul-Maghrib – when does it’s time last until?
A: The time for maghrib as is mentioned in the hadeeth in Saheeh Muslim is up until the disappearance of the red twilight – i.e.: it lasts about an hour or so. And we have checked this visually ourselves here. And based on this assessment we consider that they call the adhan for Isha here about half an hour late – i.e. everywhere. And they also call the adhan of maghrib here about 10 minutes late – they delay it by a full 10 minutes. Therefore we break our fast whether in or outside Ramadan about 10 minutes before their calling the adhaan …
(Note that Sh al-Albaani rahimahullaah was based in Jordan)
Translation of the book by Sh al-Albaani rahimahullaah.
Beautifully clarifies the correct means of drawing close to Allaah and refutes the innovated means. Clarifies the authentic proofs in this regard and their correct interpretation and application in accordance with the way of the Salaf.